Approximately 21% of Carroll County’s adult population do not have proper health insurance coverage — 2 percentage points higher than the Georgia state average of 19%. Carroll County also has the highest percentage of uninsured adults among its adjacent neighbors. The lowest figures are from Coweta County and Fulton County.
The highest uninsured adult rate in the state of Georgia is in Colquitt County, with nearly 30 percent, while the lowest rate is observed in Oconee County, at around 11% of the adult residents.
Approximately 22% of adults in Carroll County report problems with health. This is partially due to the fact that nearly 32% of the population does not participate in physical exercise activities. Approximately 34% of the Carroll County adult residents are considered obese (with a BMI of 30 or more), which is higher than Georgia's 33% average. Fulton County’s 29% obesity rate is the lowest among the neighbors.
In 2022, 22,096 Carroll County residents were enrolled in Medicare, with the following utilization:
|Carroll COUNTY - MEDICARE||Usage|
|Original Medicare Part A and Part B||40%|
|Medicare Advantage and Other Health Plan Part A and Part B Beneficiaries||54%|
|Medicare Part D (Medigap)||64%|
|Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan||96%|
At least 11 health insurance companies offer affordable and frequently subsidized ACA health insurance in Carroll County, on and off the federally-operated Georgia health insurance marketplace. In 2022, over 7 thousand Carroll County residents were enrolled in private individual-market ACA plans.
An estimated 98,951 private and commercial vehicles call the roads of Carroll County their home. This number accounts for approximately 1% of all vehicles registered in the entire state of Georgia.
Almost 8 in 10 of Carroll County’s adult residents commute to work by themselves. Due to heavy traffic, around 42% of those commutes last for over 30 minutes.
Motor vehicle fatalities in Carroll County statistically occur at a rate of 20 per 100,000 vehicles on the road: approximately 20 fatal crashes per year.
According to the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), in 2021, there were 4,223 crashes in Carroll County that led to 1,646 injuries and 28 fatalities. On the other hand, 44 motorcycle crashes were recorded that same year which led to 42 injuries and 2 fatalities.
Approximately 20% of those fatalities are caused by alcohol-impaired driving.
Like the majority of Georgia, where most (64%) homes are owner-occupied, almost 69% of the estimated 47,473 housing properties in Carroll County are owner-occupied— the remaining 31% are rental units. Nearby Paulding County and Coweta County have even more homeowners at 78% and 75%, respectively. Fulton County is the local leader with 47% of residences for rent.
Across Georgia, Harris County has the highest homeownership rate of over 89%, while Chattahoochee County is the state leader in rental properties, with nearly 76% of its real estate for rent.
Close to 15% of housing units in Carroll County experience housing problems, overcrowding, poor plumbing, or issues with the kitchen. In more than 1 out of 9 homes, residents spend more than 50% of their income on housing.
|COUNTY||Average Life Expectancy|
The average life expectancy for the residents of Carroll County is around 75 years old, which is around 2 years lower than the 77-year Georgia state average. Looking at the adjacent counties, Fulton County records the longest life expectancies. Haralson County, on the other hand, posts the shortest average.
While the longest average life expectancy in Georgia is observed in Forsyth County (82.3), the shortest average statewide is seen in Miller County, at 69.5 years old.
In 2022, there were approximately 17,482 seniors (65 and older) residing in Carroll County.
Funeral expense costs in and around Carroll County differ drastically. The average funeral price in Carroll County is around $5,700, which is lower than the Georgia state average ($5,900) and the most affordable in the immediate area. Comparing neighboring counties, Paulding County has the highest funeral cost average of $7,000, followed by Douglas County’s $6,600 average.
Across the state of Georgia, Jones County usually has the most expensive funerals, averaging around $11,700, while Jefferson County’s $4,000 tends to be the most affordable in the state.
Commercial insurance needs vary between each of the estimated 2 thousand business establishments in Carroll County, as part of the Carrollton metro area. The largest job-creating sectors are:
- Retail Trade
- Educational Services
By speaking with an insurance agent licensed to help Carroll County’s residents and businesses, expect the agent to do the following for you:
The agent makes sure that you only get the coverages you need.